Fort Sam Houston Elementary School

About Us » Campus History

Campus History

Fort Sam Houston Elementary School was originally constructed as an 18-room building with funds provided by Public Law 815. The school opened in September 1952 with an enrollment of 385 students in grades one to six. Today, the school houses approximately 750 students in Early Childhood through fifth grade. The school building has since been renovated and expanded.